Furthering Fluidity & Flow Training Year
This Training Year will be offered at the PSEN European Site in 2019-2020 and at the PSEN US Site in 2021-2022.
In this coming year for our training group in Spain, we explore our ability to relate more deeply as human beings – to move another, and to be moved by another. We want to cultivate our ability to drop below the surface of our lives and descend, to access the flow of the depth processes beneath the content of our lived experiences, so to live with more texture and complexity – and as a result, to find new meaning and insight there.
This Training Year will be offered in Spain in
Please contact Verónica Lassus for more information about our Training in the European Site
Week 1: Nov 6-10, 2019
(New students also Nov 4&5)
Week 2: Feb 19-23, 2020
Week 3: June 3-7, 2020
This year, we bring new content for our depth explorations. We intend to make use of the vitality and the safety of our training group and grounds to explore the following:
- In characterology, we will learn more about the Depressive Character. This character is very common among caregivers and helping practitioners. We will work with the ingrained psychic pattern of turning against the self, and appreciate how this character has experienced repeated losses in their lives. We intend to grow our capacity for acceptance, respect and compassionate understanding as vital for our own healing & development.
- The function of our most essential sexual fantasies. We will learn more about how our intimate imaginings influence and shape our orientation and participation in the world.
- The lighthearted embrace of play as another essential facet of being able to navigate our humanity and our depth. Our ability to be playful provides us with the support needed to venture forth, and to enter new territory with reduced self-judgment and self-consciousness.
- In our Mindfulness Practices, we will continue to work with the hindrances that prevent us from being fully present to our lived experiences. We will further our mindfulness each morning of the training, and learn to apply this skill to our practicum sessions with clients.
This Training Year will be offered in the US in 2021-2022
Please contact Jimena Galfaso for more information about our Training in the US Site
- In Anatomy of Emotion, we will address the affects of Interest, Disappointment, Sorrow & Play. Working with these affects grows our ability to drop in deeper with our clients by sustaining our interest and accompaniment, and by approaching the darker feelings of disappointment and loss, in order to move through them to be brighter and stronger than ever before. Play has been shown to be a powerful ‘course correction’ tool to reset the brain-mind on a positive, life giving, and healing track, and is under-utilized in process work.
The Training Year offered in the US 2019-2020 is “Openness, Surrender & Mystery”.
- In our Practitioner’s Mind segments, will will learn more about our relationship to our own Unconscious Depths. We will continue re-framing our relating to the ‘as-yet-unknown‘, as well as what is unknowable. We will further our work with Transference by focusing more on how to be informed by, and make use of, our own Counter-Transference as practitioners.
- Also in our Practitioner’s Mind segments, we will explore for the first time Erotic and Eroticized Transferences, understanding how these are imposed on therapeutic relationships, how they limit deepening, and yet also can provide a bridge to depths of a process never before reached.
- The life-giving nature of our Embodied Eros. We will look more closely at how we embrace (or distance from) our Sexuality to support our felt sense of aliveness.
- As two of our PSEN Core Values, we will continue addressing Accepting What Is along with Relatedness, especially as it concerns impermanence and loss as part of the human condition.
as if the river shores were opening out.
It seems that things are more like me now,
that I can see further into paintings.
I feel closer to what language can’t reach.
With my senses as with birds, I climb
into the windy heaven, out of the oak,
And in the ponds broken off from the sky
my feeling sinks, as if standing on fishes.
Each training year is centered around a specific theme and learning purpose. In order to complete the training, the trainees are required to participate in all four training modules, over the course of four years.
Registrations and Contact Person: Jimena Galfaso – [email protected]
Those who will not slip beneath
the still surface on the well of grief
turning downward through its black water
to the place we cannot breathe
will never know the source from which we drink,
the secret water, cold and clear,
nor find in the darkness glimmering
the small round coins
thrown by those who wished for something else.
– David Whyte