Working With Erotic Vitality & Disturbance:
Supporting Aliveness in the Therapeutic Process
A Three-Day Workshop in Zagreb, Croatia: October 5th – 7th, 2018
Presented by Michael Mervosh
Co-founder of PsychoEnergetics Training Programs.
In this workshop:
- You will be supported in the exploration your own eros and vitality.
- You will also learn how to embody this vitality in ways that support the aliveness of your clients.
This workshop is for professional practitioners and therapists from various healing modalities.
We also accept applicants with a sincere interest in furthering their own personal development.
“Through the erotic, light is shone on the deepest recesses of the psyche. ”
– David Mann
PSEN CORE VALUES
PRESENT MOMENT EXPERIENCE
ACCEPTING WHAT IS
“Depth work and process facilitation embrace good relationship
to the ‘as-yet-unknown’,
preferring a good question
more than a good answer.
What is deep psychological and emotional work really for? What should be it’s deepest and truest aim, for those who undertake this work?
Perhaps it is done so that one can become more vital – to be able to feel truly alive in the world.
Our capacity for erotic vitality enables us to take up many opportunities offered by the life’s diversity and challenges, despite its inevitable disappointments, struggles, and pain.
- The erotic offers us the creative essence of life, and it is inextricably linked to passion.
This workshop provides participants with an in-depth exploration of our fundamental need as human beings to embody a life-giving and life-enhancing aliveness, an erotic vitality, that re-ignites in us the zest for life – especially for when it is most needed, to move our lives forward.
- A basic premise of our PSEN approach is to look more deeply into our own personal experiences with human eros, and to understand more fully the enlivening pleasure and disturbing trouble it can bring.
As practitioners, we can appreciate that our ability to keep ourselves interested and alive in the presence of our clients is both our job and our responsibility. Our aliveness, in relationship to our client’s being, can also be a profound gift that supports our clients in life-moving, and potentially, life-changing ways.
- Our passionate involvement with the inner world of our clients creates the possibility of their deeper transitioning into life.
In this highly experiential workshop, we will explore:
- The capacity of the practitioner to hold life-activating eros and life-affirming vitality within one’s deepening embodiment.
- How to access, resonate with, and bring forth, in safe and enlivening ways, erotic vitality from within ourselves.
- Useful ways to think about the enlivening nature of the erotic within client’s minds and bodies, to better support the client’s sense of aliveness.
- Examining the underlying motivations of our erotic fantasies and transferences, and making use of them to understand ourselves better.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will be conducted in English only.
- Explore both the internal as well as the external resources necessary to use erotic life force to move beyond traditional resistance to change or growth, and how this applies to habitual patterns of stuck-ness, deadness and disconnection in psychotherapeutic processes.
- Look more purposefully into the inevitability of confronting anxieties that arise when we approach potentially meaningful and renewing encounters with embodied eros in clinical work.
- Learn effective ways to challenge a long-established character trait that constricts our life force,and learn what it takes to let go of what no longer serves our vitality.
- Develop our capacity to receive and contain that life force of eros when it comes from our clients. We do this by working with ‘against-ness’ as an enlivening function.
- Explore the clinical functions of life-giving and empowering erotic fantasies; then contrasting these with more defensive, destructive and regressive fantasies.
Berislaviceva Ulica 12
Registration and Contact:
Times & Cost:
Friday, October 5th – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, October 6th – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, October 7th – 10:00am – 4:00pm
300€ – if paid before September 15th
(325 € after September 15th)
Participants need to pay a 100 € non-refundabledeposit to reserve your place in this workshop.
- NOTE – Current PSEN students qualify for a 30% workshop fee reduction.
Former PSEN students qualify for a 15% workshop fee reduction.
(Early enrollment discount does not apply to PSEN students.)
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Practice mindfulness and conscious embodiment – to become energized by life-giving, dynamic tension we experience in the body – between states of deep groundedness and enlivened disturbance.
- Gain more clarity about what is ‘worth the struggle’ – having access to our deepest sense of aliveness, and better discern when struggles are simply distractions and avoidances from the effort needed to bring ourselves more fully alive.
About Our Embodied Depth Work
Participants will be introduced to various methodologies of PsychoEnergetics, our uniquely crafted body-mind approach to process work and depth facilitation.
- PSEN depth work is designed to engage practitioners in the depths of their psychic orientations through lived experiences in the body.
- We deepen through embodiment – through experiential exercises, mindfulness meditations, ‘presencing’ practices, and depth facilitation sessions.
- We provide ways to work directly with the body self of another, and explore ways to intervene on the constraining nature of our limiting beliefs in the psyche.
- Most importantly, practitioners are provided with opportunities to experience their own ’embodied mindfulness’ as a healing presence.
Michael is a licensed clinical psychologist with MGM PsychologicalAssociates in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. He has been devoted to full-time private practice, providing intensive individual and group psychotherapy for 25 years as a Gestalt and Object Relations trained psychotherapist, who utilizes a body- oriented as well as Jungian influenced approach to working with his clients.
He is the co-founder and a primary instructor of PsychoEnergetics Training, a four-year depth and process facilitation training program and community-oriented learning group. PSEN Training is offered in the United States and Europe, with 50 students in each training year. It has been in existence since 2006.
In depth work that involves transformation,
it essential to understand that
only by bearing the heat of passion
will old attachments be weakened,
and new attachments forged.