Working With Erotic Vitality & Disturbance:
Supporting Aliveness in the Therapeutic Process
A Three-Day Workshop in Zagreb, Croatia: October 5th – 7th, 2018
Presented by Michael Mervosh
Co-founder of PsychoEnergetics Training Programs.
In this workshop:
- You will be supported in the exploration your own eros and vitality.
- You will also learn how to embody this vitality in ways that support the aliveness of your clients.
This workshop is for professional practitioners and therapists from various healing modalities.
We also accept applicants with a sincere interest in furthering their own personal development.
“Through the erotic, light is shone on the deepest recesses of the psyche. ”
– David Mann
What is deep psychological and emotional work really for? What is its deepest and truest aim?
Perhaps it is to be able to truly feel alive.
Our capacity for erotic vitality enables us to take up many opportunities offered by the life’s diversity and challenges, despite its inevitable disappointments, struggles, and pain.
The erotic offers us the creative essence of life, and it is inextricably linked to passion.
This workshop provides participants with an in-depth exploration of our fundamental need as human beings to embody erotic vitality, re-igniting the zest for life for when it is most needed to move life forward.
A basic premise of our clinical approach is to look more deeply into our own personal experiences with human eros, and understand more fully the both the enlivening pleasure and disturbing trouble it can bring.
As practitioners, we can appreciate that our willingness and ability to keep ourselves interested and alive in the presence of our clients is both our job and our responsibility. It can also be a profound gift that supports our clients in life-giving and potentially life-changing ways.
Our passionate involvement with the inner world of our clients creates the possibility of a deeper transitioning into life.
In this highly experiential workshop, we will explore:
- The capacity of the practitioner to hold life-activating eros and life-affirming vitality within one’s mind and body.
- How to access and bring forth, in safe and enlivening ways, erotic vitality from within the client.
- Useful ways to think about the enlivening nature of the erotic within ourselves, to support the client’s sense of aliveness.
- Examining the underlying motivations of our erotic fantasies and transferences, and making use of them to understand ourselves better.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will be conducted in English only.
- Explore both the internal as well as the external resources necessary to use erotic life force to move beyond traditional resistance to change or growth, and how this applies to habitual patterns of stuck-ness, deadness and disconnection in psychotherapeutic processes.
- Look more purposefully into the inevitability of confronting anxieties that arise when we approach potentially meaningful and renewing encounters with embodied eros in clinical work.
- Learn effective ways to challenge long-established character traits that constrict our life force,and learn what it takes to let go of what no longer serves our vitality.
- Understand the differences between life-creating and life-consuming eros, and have opportunities to explore these differences in encounters with other workshop participants.
- Develop our capacity to receive and contain that life force of eros when it comes from our clients. We do this by working with ‘against-ness’ as an enlivening function.
- Explore the clinical functions of life-giving and empowering erotic fantasies; then contrasting these with more defensive, destructive and regressive fantasies.
Berislaviceva Ulica 12
Registration and Contact:
Times & Cost:
Friday, October 5th – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, October 6th – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, October 7th – 10:00am – 4:00pm
300€ – if paid before September 15th
(325 € after September 15th)
Participants need to pay a 100 € non-refundabledeposit to reserve your place in this workshop.
- NOTE – Current PSEN students qualify for a 30% workshop fee reduction.
Former PSEN students qualify for a 15% workshop fee reduction.
(Early enrollment discount does not apply to PSEN students.)
Workshop participants will practice mindfulness and conscious embodiment, becoming energized by the life-giving, dynamic tension we experience between states of deep groundedness and enlivened disturbance.
Workshop participants will gain more clarity about what is ‘worth the struggle’ when it comes to our deepest sense of aliveness, and better discern when struggles are simply distractions and avoidances from the effort needed to bring ourselves more fully alive.
About Our Embodied Depth Work
Participants will be introduced to various methodologies of PsychoEnergetics, our uniquely crafted body-mind approach to process work and depth facilitation.
- PSEN depth work is designed to engage practitioners in the depths of their psychic orientations through lived experiences in the body.
- We deepen through embodiment – through experiential exercises, mindfulness meditations, ‘presencing’ practices, and depth facilitation sessions.
- We provide ways to work directly with the body self of another, and explore ways to intervene on the constraining nature of our limiting beliefs in the psyche.
- Most importantly, practitioners are provided with opportunities to experience their own ’embodied mindfulness’ as a healing presence.
Michael is a licensed clinical psychologist with MGM PsychologicalAssociates in Pittsburgh, PA. He has been devoted to full-time private practice, providing intensive individual and group psychotherapy for 25 years as a Gestalt and Object Relations trained psychotherapist, who utilizes a body- oriented as well as Jungian influenced approach to working with his clients.
He is the co-founder and a primary instructor of PsychoEnergetics Training, a four-year depth and process facilitation training program and community-oriented learning group. PSEN Training is offered in the United States and Europe, with 50 students in each training year. It has been in existence since 2006.
In depth work that involves transformation, it essential to understand that it is only by bearing the heat of passion that old attachments are weakened, and new attachments can be forged.