Life Force in Motion –
Using Positive Aggression to Move Your Life Forward
A PsychoEnergetics Depth Approach
A Two-Day Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal
October 19th – 20th, 2019
Presented by Joana Carvalho
PsychoEnergetics Training Faculty Member
Our explorations into the deeper and more complex parts of our humanity will take us into an enlivening, dynamic tension – one that respects both our desire to reveal as well as our desire to conceal.
In this workshop:
We will focus on specific PSEN Process Teachings, which will allow us to deepen in our own our personal and professional development with using positive aggression to move our lives forward in new ways.
We also accept applicants with a sincere interest in furthering their own personal development.
“Embodiment is the foundation for all worthwhile pursuits. It is the ground within which the conscious self is both formed and transformed.
What you cannot experience
You will inevitably experience
PLEASE NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE CONDUCTED IN PORTUGUESE . ENGLISH TRANSLATION CAN BE ARRANGED ACCORDING TO THE GROUP NEEDS.
PsychoEnergetics is a multidisciplinary, body-mind approach to understanding and applying depth psychology to a particular style of process facilitation.
We place a strong emphasis on addressing the underlying and less tangible dynamics, patterns, and tendencies taking place within an individual (and also between individuals) in order to facilitate change and growth.
In this highly experiential workshop we will explore in depth our fundamental need as human beings to grow beyond our limited sense of being, and regain the enthusiasm for being alive that we fully embodied, possibly at some point in our existence.
We will explore our relationship with positive aggression as a way of being more alive and becoming able to fulfill our purpose in this life.
We realize that when we could not experience our life force as positive during our life, we then became afraid of it, and could only imagine it or experience it negatively.
In this experiential workshop, we will explore Embodiment, Mindfulness and Present Moment Experience to learn:
A cognitive understanding of how destructiveness is actually an essential part of vitality, and give it due value in a relationship.
An ability to bring aggression to the body, and move our bodies forward and vigorously, making use of the presence of others.
- To develop an ability to receive and tolerate aggressive life force coming from others – we will understand that ‘being against’ someone is a positive relationship building function.
- To develop an ability to express and have an aggressive life force coming from ourselves – we will experience how this is enlivening not only for us, but for those around us as well. This is also a positive relationship building function.
We will learn to enliven our process sessions by practicing the following:
- Slowing down the process sufficiently; to be grounded and centered in our bodies, and to be responsive to our client’s present moment experience.
- Strengthening our own tolerance for uncertainty, and for trusting the process of the unfolding “not-yet-known“.
- Keeping a ‘dynamically charged’ experience in the ‘here and now’, and staying with the experience by giving it the time, space and attention required.
- Becoming a useful disturbing force through being both attuned with and differentiated from our clients. This allows us to feel our own vitality and differentness, and this is essential to offering new ways of thinking and being that are necessary for real change.
We provide enough safety to support our clients, so they can take the necessary risks that get them out of the habitual patterns in their way of relating.
Embaixada da Felicidade
Rua Luz Soriano, 2B
Registration and Contact:
(120€ if paid before September 15th)
Participants need to pay a 50 € deposit to reserve your place in this workshop.
- NOTE – Current PSEN students qualify for a 20% workshop fee reduction.
Former PSEN students qualify for a 10% workshop fee reduction.
(Early enrollment discount does not apply to PSEN students.)
This workshop is for practitioners and therapists of various body and mind healing modalities. It is also appropriate for anyone interested in deepening their own personal awareness of their presence, and those who wish to connect with others in a more embodied way in our daily lives.
For detailed information about the PsychoEnergetics Training Program visit our website: www.psentraining.com
About PSEN Embodied Depth Work
- PSEN depth work is designed to engage practitioners in the depths of their psychic orientations through lived experiences in the body.
- We deepen through embodiment – through experiential exercises, mindfulness meditations, ‘presencing’ practices, and depth facilitation sessions.
- We provide ways to work directly with the body self of another, and explore ways to intervene on the constraining nature of our limiting beliefs in the psyche.
- Most importantly, practitioners are provided with opportunities to develop a sense of their own ’embodied mindfulness’ as a healing presence.
Joana is a yoga and meditation instructor, a massage therapist, a transpersonal psychotherapist, and a PsychoEnergetics practitioner. She is part of the PSEN Training Faculty in Spain. She is also a practitioner and teacher of Transpersonal Therapy Technics (AlmaSoma, Portugal).
Joana works with individuals and with groups in private practice in Lisbon.
“Becoming an engaged and enlivening presence.“