and Sexuality – Becoming More Alive & Human
A Three-Day PSEN Workshop in Hamburg, Germany
Feb 15 – 17, 2019
Presented by Irene Tobler & Michael Mervosh
Co-founders of PsychoEnergetics Training Programs.
- We will directly engage with the fascinating and disturbing relationships between shame, sexuality and spirituality, as a doorway into opening ourselves to our most authentic, vital and embodied inner life.
This workshop is for professional practitioners and therapists from various healing modalities.
We also accept applicants with a sincere interest in furthering their own personal development.
“Through our greatest human vulnerabilities, light can shine through from the deepest recesses of the psyche. ”
PSEN CORE VALUES
PRESENT MOMENT EXPERIENCE
ACCEPTING WHAT IS
BOUNDARIES & LIMITS
PROCESS vs CONTENT
QUESTION as INQUIRY
STAYING IN THE ROOM
PUSHING FOR SPECIFICITY
BEING A DISTURBING FORCE
What is deep psychological and emotional work really for?
What should be it’s deepest and truest aim, for those who undertake this work?
Perhaps it is done so that one can become more vital – to be able to feel truly alive in the world.
In this workshop, we will:
- Examine more closely the essential yet disturbing relationships between shame, sexuality and spirituality. We will do this as a way of opening ourselves to our most authentic, vital and embodied inner life.
- Look back at the ways our sexuality and spiritual became separated from each other – with the sexuality of the body made to be bad, and the spirit of our humanity made to be good.
- Provide participants with useful and practical body-mind approaches to working through our shame issues about our deepest felt sense of sexuality, which keeps us from stepping into the fullness of our embodied and vital spirituality.
- Explore the long-carried sense of shame, and search deeper for the underlying joy, through the direct experiencing of an awakening Self as a living Body.
- Touch the healing potential of dynamic tension found in energetic disturbances in the body, and how to make use of it, as we learn to stay present to ourselves, through the container of support provided by another.
This workshop provides participants with an in-depth exploration of our fundamental need as human beings to embody a life-giving and life-enhancing aliveness that re-ignites in us a zest for life – especially related to aspects of our humanity that have been wounded or inhibited, to move our lives forward.
- A basic premise of our PSEN approach is to look more deeply into our own personal experiences with human sexuality as well as our spirituality, and to understand more fully the enlivening pleasures and disturbing troubles each can bring.
As practitioners, we can appreciate that our ability to keep ourselves interested and alive in the presence of our clients is both our job and our responsibility. Our aliveness, in relationship to our client’s being, can also be a profound gift that supports our clients in life-moving, and potentially, life-changing ways.
- Our passionate involvement with the inner world of our clients creates the possibility of their deeper transitioning into life.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will be conducted in English with German translation.
About Our PSEN Depth Work For Practitioners:
Living systems need to be disturbed in order to grounded and enlivened enough to change. Disturbance comes through the ability of the individual to feel and think differently from others, and differently than their own fixed ideas and rigidified beliefs.
As a practitioner, the ability to be a grounded support, and yet also a disturbing force for another, provides our clients with the following:
- A sense of being seen and directly engaged where they currently are, while at the same time being challenged to take worthwhile risks and lean into new potentials, in ways that are unlikely to come from within themselves.
- Introductions to and demonstration sessions of various methodologies of PsychoEnergetics process facilitation – our uniquely crafted body-mind approach to in depth psychological work .
- An approach to and in-depth exploration of our fundamental need as human beings to grow beyond our limited sense of being, and through passionate encounters, to reconnect to a zest for life that can renew us, and move us forward.
- An opportunity to engage practitioners in the depths of their own psyches while having a felt sense of a lived energy through sensations in the body, in order to better support their clients in becoming more whole and alive.
IN OUR PSEN EXPERIENTIAL WORKSHOPS, PARTICIPANTS:
Receive many opportunities to practice our PSEN Body-Mind approach through
- Embodiment Exercises
- Mindfulness Meditations
- ‘Presencing’ Experientials
- Depth Facilitation Dyad Sessions.
In the lively and friendly area of Hamburg-Altona
The ARDAS Yoga Center, Zentrum für Yoga & Gesundheit, Hohenesch 55-61
(Inner courtyard on the right. It is 5 -10 minutes walking distance from the Train station. )
D-22765 Hamburg www.ardas.de
Registration and Contact:
Phone – 0049 (0)163 96 369 67
Times & Cost:
10:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, February 16th
10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, February 17th
10:00am – 4:00pm
Participants check in 9:00 – 10:00 am on Friday.
320€ – if paid before January 15th
(350 € – after January 15th)
Participants must pay a 100 € non-refundable deposit to reserve your place in this workshop.
- NOTE – Current PSEN students qualify for a 20% workshop fee reduction.
Former PSEN students qualify for a 10% workshop fee reduction.
(Early enrollment discount does not apply to PSEN students.)
Michael is a licensed clinical psychologist with MGM PsychologicalAssociates in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. He has been devoted to full-time private practice, providing intensive individual and group psychotherapy for 25 years as a Gestalt and Object Relations trained psychotherapist, who utilizes a body- oriented as well as Jungian influenced approach to working with his clients.
He is the co-founder and a primary instructor of PsychoEnergetics Training, a four-year depth and process facilitation training program and community-oriented learning group. PSEN Training is offered in the United States and Europe, with 50 students in each training year. It has been in existence since 2006.
Irene Tobler is a licensed naturopath and certified homoeopath, body worker, process oriented therapist and healer.In her private practice since 1990, in Switzerland and internationally, Irene had the opportunity to gather extensive clinical experience working with clients from many different cultural and language backgrounds.
In her work with clients she combines classical homoeopathy with body oriented process work, which includes the transpersonal perspective of human experience. She pays special attention to body sensations as a gateway into unconscious material.
Irene has been teaching workshops and trainings internationally since 1998, and has been co-leading the Hero’s journey for Women in the USA (www.herosjourneyfoundation.org) for the past ten years, facilitating a deep encounter with one’s interior through the elements of nature and community.
She has been deeply involved with spiritual practices since 1980, such as mindfulness based Buddhist Meditation and Yoga.
In depth work that involves transformation,
it essential to understand that
it is only by bearing the heat of passion
that old attachments are weakened,
and new attachments can be forged.