Openness, Surrender & Mystery Year – Audio Lectures
Week 3 Readings
PSEN US READING ASSIGNMENTS
FOR WEEK THREE
- In an Unspoken Voice – Peter Levine
- Chapter 12: The Embodied Self – pages 271-304
- Chapter 13 Emotion, The Body & Change – pages 305-346
- Radical Wholeness –Philip Shepherd
Chapter 8 – A Speleology of the Body’s Intelligence – pages 254-28
– Review Exercises – The Elevator, The Trickle Down Effect, The Smile
- Review McWilliam’s presentation on the Paranoid Character.
- Bill Cornell’s “Self-Examination in Psychoanalysis & Psychotherapy – Chapter 8 – Haunted– pages 111-124
5. Paranoia – Christopher Bollas, from Meaning & Melancholia – Life In The Age of Bewilderment
6. Do Not Lose Heart – We Were Made For These Times – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
7. Screen Relations – Gillian Russell – Chapter 12 – To Be In The Presence of Someone
8. Screen Relations – Gillian Russell – Chapter 4 – What Happens In The Consulting Room
9. Screen Relations – Gillian Russell – Chapter 8 – The Problem With Presence
You will be provided with reading suggestions from the four fundamental texts for this year.
This consists mostly of lectures, essays and poems, and perhaps an occasional article, that are sources used during the training weeks.
This may include video files, links to websites, and anything else we come across during the year that will once again support your practice and deepen your learning.
All content located in the Trainee Resource section of the PSEN Training website is for the exclusive use of our training students only; we do not provide access to this section for the general public.